The planned EGM meeting next Wednesday 19th January 2022 has now been cancelled. The sole purpose of this meeting was to arrange a new Committee Treasurer, which could now have been resolved.
Just an update from the recent inter-county Frostbite shoot 2021 NCAS V BCAA. Another great turn out by the archers thank you to you for coming out and putting the scores in. Thank you to the clubs that have put on shoots etc to get there members involved a big thankyou it’s not easy organising these events so well done!!
90+ archers from NCAS got involved several put more than 1 score in the pot!!
75+ archers from BCAA ( Bedfordshire) came out to play.
Which for myself and Terry & Suzi makes it great and difficult to pick a team size all at the same time. So here we go the usual stuff we have as a round up over a normal day shoot.
Weather was depending where you were so Windy, clam, wet, cold dark light snow!! Chilly etc.
Some great scores put in, Susan Corless from NAC put in a clear score of 360 fantastic shooting!!
Top scoring archer in category for the county:
BB – Mick Lovell (NAC), Compound – Susan Corless (NAC), LB- Jo Thomas (LBAC), Recurve – Jeremy Beesley (BXA), FB – Nial Guiver (WOAC), Junior – Archie Bromley (AOR)
Some of our novices again have made the squad!!! Brilliant stuff so enough of all that I hear you shout who WON!!!!!
It was a close run shoot but here goes the winners by 98 points is BCAA!!! 8506 to 8408.
Great shooting by all!!
I will be passing on this year’s Frost bite badges onto your club reps along with Year bars & Broaches for new Squad members and for Archers that have already shot for the county and made the squad again there year bars.
With the side running Novice and out of category archers please see attached results, we will be looking to get certificates etc out to you at the same time.
What next The inter county indoor match !!
Cheers again Have a great Christmas!!
County Team Captain
NCAS will be holding an extraordinary general meeting on Wednesday 19th January at 7.30.pm at the Old Grammarians Sports complex, Sywell Road, Wellingborough, NN8 6BS.
The purpose of this is to appoint a new county treasurer. Please bring this to the attention of all your club members, we need to find someone who is prepared and available to undertake this task as soon as possible. Being treasurer does not require a great deal of time or effort and assistance will be available to ease a person into the role. Failure to appoint a new treasurer will mean outsourcing and there are many reasons, apart from cost, why this is not advisable.
Please pass details of anyone able to undertake the role to the NCAS committee as soon as possible.
Just a reminder you have until the 30 Nov 2021 to get your scores in for the inter county 2021 NCAS & BCAA Frost Bite!!
Scores can be either logged on the remote county competitions Portal, please see instructions here.
Enter your score in this created Comp…
Please note if your bow category is not present or you have been shooting less than 12months, or you are not shooting within category you can send to the below email address, ask your club committee!
If you are not able to login or find it easier to pass your scores direct to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will require the following information…
Senior or Junior:
Age Of Junior:
Male or Female:
If you have been shooting for less than a year,
County Team Caption
As the heading suggests, in collaboration with Bedfordshire, we have arranged another socially distanced intercounty match. Details as follows.
We are hoping that all NCAS clubs and archers will be able to take part.
1. Round to be shot: Frost Bite, including all the junior rounds (M1, M2,M3, M4, M5).
2. Eligible archers: All genders and ages. If a junior please give your age and round/distance shot.
3. Bow Styles: All Including Traditional ( Wooden Arrows , BB & Horse Bow) outside of Longbow.
4. When to be shot: All scores to be in by 31st Nov 2021.
5. How round is to be shot: Where possible can the 3 dozen be shot on the same day.
6. Record all the scores as you would normally, X`s, 10`s and so on. Please submit the final score totals only (not each individual arrow value) in the normal format, including the following information. Archer, Gender. Club.
Bow Style. Senior/Junior (if junior age and which round shot).
Example: J Doe. Female. Middle Earth. Longbow. Senior. X 23. 10 13. Score 360.
7. All the scores will be on trust. We will be watching you.
8. Scores can be submitted either by
– Either utilising the web portal as before I can pass these details on again to those who have not got the information
– Or sending the details direct to myself or your club selection committee volunteer. If these are to be sent direct to me please let me know details as mention in point 6.
During the recent NCAS meeting the following idea was floated.
1. As only some of the archers taking part in this Postal shoot may make the final cut for the ‘Team’ others may not receive something which we all know is the norm. So like the last intercounty Postal Shoot that we are to have a ‘Badge’ enamel just the same as last time but to have a Date added to this. Also if we are to look to have the event twice a year to have different colours one for summer and one for the chillier times?
Whoever takes part will receive one of these (design to be finalised between us and beds if they are looking to share or not)
– Archers who take part will give one of these via there club committee member.
The above has been agreed by county so all good.
2. The following was done previously and I would like to do the same again.For those novice Archers who have been with us less than a year and have jumped into this Postal shoot with both feet and full of enthusiasm.
a. Wrapped in this Postal shoot I will take their scores and look to award accordingly
b. Awarded will be certificate (Sorry Dean) & maybe a medal? (TBC)
c. To clarify because of previous history at shoots the here is the ‘Loose’ way I’m looking at it
i. 4 archers in category (1st ,2nd & 3rd) to be awarded
ii. 3 archers in category (1st ,2nd ) to be awarded
iii. 2 archers in category (1st ) to be awarded
d. Key bit at the moment is ‘In Category’ this can however be wavered by County Captains discretion and to give an example would be.
i. We have only 1BB adult and 1BB junior looking at the above both have shot in category and have been shooting less than a year I would think that my discretion would be both get a certificate and the highest gets a medal?
e. In all the above at least a certificate (medal TBC) if medals are to be given then in all above to 3rd place will be given a certificate.
All I require form yourselves is any of your archers who have been shooting for less than a year takes part please let me know so Im able to look at and carry out the appropriate slicing and dicing of scores.
Again thank you all for helping with this and let the best county WIN!!
NCAs County Team Caption