As the heading suggests, in collaboration with Bedfordshire, we have arranged another socially distanced intercounty match. Details as follows.
We are hoping that all NCAS clubs and archers will be able to take part.
1. Round to be shot: Frost Bite, including all the junior rounds (M1, M2,M3, M4, M5).
2. Eligible archers: All genders and ages. If a junior please give your age and round/distance shot.
3. Bow Styles: All Including Traditional ( Wooden Arrows , BB & Horse Bow) outside of Longbow.
4. When to be shot: All scores to be in by 31st Nov 2021.
5. How round is to be shot: Where possible can the 3 dozen be shot on the same day.
6. Record all the scores as you would normally, X`s, 10`s and so on. Please submit the final score totals only (not each individual arrow value) in the normal format, including the following information. Archer, Gender. Club.
Bow Style. Senior/Junior (if junior age and which round shot).
Example: J Doe. Female. Middle Earth. Longbow. Senior. X 23. 10 13. Score 360.
7. All the scores will be on trust. We will be watching you.
8. Scores can be submitted either by
– Either utilising the web portal as before I can pass these details on again to those who have not got the information
– Or sending the details direct to myself or your club selection committee volunteer. If these are to be sent direct to me please let me know details as mention in point 6.
During the recent NCAS meeting the following idea was floated.
1. As only some of the archers taking part in this Postal shoot may make the final cut for the ‘Team’ others may not receive something which we all know is the norm. So like the last intercounty Postal Shoot that we are to have a ‘Badge’ enamel just the same as last time but to have a Date added to this. Also if we are to look to have the event twice a year to have different colours one for summer and one for the chillier times?
Whoever takes part will receive one of these (design to be finalised between us and beds if they are looking to share or not)
– Archers who take part will give one of these via there club committee member.
The above has been agreed by county so all good.
2. The following was done previously and I would like to do the same again.For those novice Archers who have been with us less than a year and have jumped into this Postal shoot with both feet and full of enthusiasm.
a. Wrapped in this Postal shoot I will take their scores and look to award accordingly
b. Awarded will be certificate (Sorry Dean) & maybe a medal? (TBC)
c. To clarify because of previous history at shoots the here is the ‘Loose’ way I’m looking at it
i. 4 archers in category (1st ,2nd & 3rd) to be awarded
ii. 3 archers in category (1st ,2nd ) to be awarded
iii. 2 archers in category (1st ) to be awarded
d. Key bit at the moment is ‘In Category’ this can however be wavered by County Captains discretion and to give an example would be.
i. We have only 1BB adult and 1BB junior looking at the above both have shot in category and have been shooting less than a year I would think that my discretion would be both get a certificate and the highest gets a medal?
e. In all the above at least a certificate (medal TBC) if medals are to be given then in all above to 3rd place will be given a certificate.
All I require form yourselves is any of your archers who have been shooting for less than a year takes part please let me know so Im able to look at and carry out the appropriate slicing and dicing of scores.
Again thank you all for helping with this and let the best county WIN!!
NCAs County Team Caption