The NCAS Chris Mason Celebration League is once again up and running, and the scores have been taken from the first two shoots of the season.
Both the Senior and Junior NCAS Chris Mason Celebration Leagues are open to all archers who are members of clubs within Northamptonshire. It’s aim is to encourage as many club archers as possible to attend local tournaments. Something that Chris was always a big advocate of. If you shoot in at least one of the listed local tournaments (see the NCAS Calendar) then you’re automatically entered into the league.
The points system is as follows:
- 3 points for attending and competing, regardless of category
- 3 points for first, 2 points for second, 1 point for third (when 3 or more archers shooting in a bowstyle, within category)
- 2 points for first, 1 point for second (when only 2 archers are shooting in a bowstyle, within category)
- 1 point (when only 1 archer shooting in a bowstyle, within category)
- Archers will only be placed against other county archers, for example if there are to be 10 archers in a bow style and 5 are from out of county then points will be awarded to the first, second and third highest scoring county archers irrespective of where they are placed overall
- Points are only awarded to those who complete the round/tournament and receive a placing.
More information including results from previous years and the full rules can be found here.