NCAS would like to congratulate former long time county archer James Mason for what’s been a fantastic year.
In August James was part of the three man Great Britain Men’s Compound Team, along with Neil Bridgewater, and Adam Ravenscroft, who won the gold medal at the European Archery Championships in Legnica, Poland. They came through a dramatic final against France to win by a single point. James shot extremely well throughout the finals, as many watched it all unfold live on the BBC Sport website.
On top of that, in September James also won his first Archery GB National Tour Grand Final at Lilleshall. Beating two-time winner Chris White in the Semi’s to face another two-time winner, GB team mate and fellow European gold medalist, Neil Bridgewater in the final. James took the title with a 147-144 win.
Here’s a list of her key achievements from September 2016:
• Member of National Squad 2017/2018
• Northamptonshire Local Sportswoman of the Year 2017
• Northampton Local Sportswoman of the Year 2017
• Represented Great Britain at the 2017 World Championships in Mexico
• ArcheryGB National Series Finalist – September 2017– Finished 4th
• Represented England at Home Nations Event – August 2017 – 1st place team
• ArcheryGB National Series Leg 3 – July 2017 – 1st Place
• Represented England at Commonwealth Euronations Event – July 2017 – 1st place team, 3rd place individual
• Represented GB at World Ranking Event Veronica’s Cup in Slovenia – May 2017 – Finished 3rd
• British National Indoor – December 2016 – 1st Place (Crowned British Indoor Champion 2016)
• ArcheryGB National Series Finalist – September 2016 – Finished 4th
• ArcheryGB National Series Leg 4 – July 2016 – 1st Place
Susan Corless and James Mason both of Northampton AC took part in the ArcheryGB National Series Final at Wollaton Hall in Nottingham on Saturday 24th September. To qualify archers had to compete in six hard-fought stages up and down the country, with the top 8 archers from each discipline making it through to the final. Both Susan and James made it through to the bronze medal matches on the day. Susan ended up finishing in 4th placeand James in 3rd. Congratulations to them both!
The ArcheryGB Website rundown and results can be found here.
Congratulations to Lizzie Cantopher and Susan Corless of NAC. Both archers have been picked to represent England at this years National Indoor Championships in Coventry on 7th December.
This is the second year running that Lizzie has been selected for the ladies recurve team. Having shot for England at last years event, she helped England to victory over the other home nations.
For Susan to be selected for the ladies compound team is a fantastic achievement. Having only switched from shooting recurve to compound less than a year ago, when she thought she might have to give up shooting completely.
James Mason has been named as a reserve for the gents compound team.