Regretfully due to circumstances beyond their control, Duston Bowmen have had to cancel their David Clarke Memorial Open Triple Indoor Tournament on Sunday, 21st January 2018. The organisers are in the process of contacting people who have entered, on an individual basis and will refund those that have pre-paid. Please accept their apologies for this inconvenience at such short notice.
The 2017/18 Chris Mason Celebration is now well underway. The current standings have been updated to include the results from the first four tournaments of the indoor season.
The next tournaments are Archers of Raunds Open Portsmouth, and Duston Bowmen’s David Clarke Memorial Triple Tournament, which both take place on 21st January 2018. Visit the NCAS Calendar for entry forms.
Click Here for more infomation about the league(s).
Susan Corless of Northampton AC and James Mason of Kettering Archers have both been confirmed as members of the Archery GB funded Compound National Archery Squad for the upcoming year.
This follows a successful season in 2017 for both archers, including representing Great Britain at the World Archery Championships in Mexico in October.
Also, Iulia Petre of Corby Archers has also been selected on both the National Youth Squad and the Development Squad for the upcoming year.
Full details of the National Squads can be found here – here.
It’s been a particularly successful year for Susan, who recently won Northamptonshire Local Sportswoman of the Year 2017.
Here’s a list of her key achievements from September 2016:
• Member of National Squad 2017/2018
• Northamptonshire Local Sportswoman of the Year 2017
• Northampton Local Sportswoman of the Year 2017
• Represented Great Britain at the 2017 World Championships in Mexico
• ArcheryGB National Series Finalist – September 2017– Finished 4th
• Represented England at Home Nations Event – August 2017 – 1st place team
• ArcheryGB National Series Leg 3 – July 2017 – 1st Place
• Represented England at Commonwealth Euronations Event – July 2017 – 1st place team, 3rd place individual
• Represented GB at World Ranking Event Veronica’s Cup in Slovenia – May 2017 – Finished 3rd
• British National Indoor – December 2016 – 1st Place (Crowned British Indoor Champion 2016)
• ArcheryGB National Series Finalist – September 2016 – Finished 4th
• ArcheryGB National Series Leg 4 – July 2016 – 1st Place
Susan Corless will be helping to switch on this years Christmas lights in the Market Square, Northampton town centre on Saturday 18th December.
Entertainment starts from 2pm with the lights being switched on hat 5pm.
More infomation can be found here.
Good luck to Susan!
A reminder that this years NCAS AGM is on Thursday 16th November 2017 from 7:30pm at Kettering Cricket Club Pavilion, just off Lake Avenue, Kettering NN15 7JT
Including the presentation of Trophies and Awards.
The following paperwork is available for you to download:
2. Nomination form for the Vic Wyatt Trophy. This is awarded annually to the person who is considered to have given exemplary services to archery in the county during the past year.
We are currently without an EMAS delegate. Please consider if you would be able to take on this role and would like more information please contact Angela Bray.
Nomination forms should be sent to Angela Bray by Sunday 12th November 2017.